Purchased in 1989. Part of the original house was an 1850′s vintage post and beam “plank” house. The first work done on this house was to add a fence and create a courtyard space at the very front of the house. A major renovation was done in 1994 to add a new entry and to renovate the garage to create studio workspace.
After a fire in 1999, Dana re-built the house and further renovated it. She added space to enlarge and reconfigure the rooms, added a new stair with a second floor space that overlooks the first floor entry, and she also created additional office/studio space for herself at the south end of the house. In taking inspiration from the work of Luis Barragan, a stucco dividing wall was added between the living area and the kitchen.